Not a great reading month, I didn't really enjoy most of the books! I did enjoy and would recommend reading South Riding, but it was just so sad! No necessarily a bad thing but I just wasn't in the mood. My favorite from this month was an audiobook, First Bite, I thought it was fascinating, thoughtful, and refreshingly no-nonsense. I Await the Devil's Coming Was interesting because of the time and place it was written (by an 18 year old in Montana in 1901), it was sometimes funny and sometimes alarming, but I can't say it was fun to read (especially since I'd just read about the rest of the authors sad life in the books forward). I liked it but I doubt it would be for everyone.
What I read in June:
• South Riding by Winifred Holtby
• Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm by Thich Nhat Hanh
• From The Short Novels of John Steinbeck by John Steinbeck I read: The Pearl, The Red Pony, & The Moon is Down. I'd already read the others.
• The Seance by John Harwood
• Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear
• I Await the Devil's Coming by Mary MacLane
Audiobooks I listened to in June:
• First Bite: How We Learn to Eat by Bee Wilson
Movies & TV Watched in June:
• Pretty Little Liars Season 6
• Jessica Jones (the first half of) Season 1
• Plus some Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown
How about you, did you read or watch or listen to anything good in June?