I can't believe how quickly this week went! I had grand plans for goals I wanted to accomplish this week but the weather was so depressing that I lost the will to do much of anything. I guess I still managed to do some work, but it was an effort.
Anyway, the weather is supposed to turn around this weekend and I am ready at the drop of a hat for any possible picnics that could happen! For some reason back in the dead of winter I became obsessed with the idea of having a well appointed picnic basket, so I've slowly been gathering things. I possibly should not be spending my money on things like this right now, but picnics and being organized and ready for anything are three things that tend to make me happy, so I think it's okay.
In my opinion a picnic basket must have:
- Some non breakable dishes (mine are enamel)
- A bottle for water or lemonade
- A thermos for hot or cold tea
- Cups or mugs for the drinks
- A little cutting board for cheese or any fruit that needs to be sliced
- A bottle opener
- Some jars for little snacks or nuts, jams & spreads, etc (not pictured)
- Paper straws for soda (not pictured)
- Forks, knives, spoons (not pictured, except for a wooden spreader)
- Small ice pack (not pictured. I have a small cloth insulated lunchbox thing to keep thing cool in)
- And a blanket, obviously (not pictured)
As far as food goes, for me it's not a picnic unless there are fresh strawberries, two types of cheese at least, and a baguette.
Did I miss anything?
This setup also works amazingly for car camping, which is probably how we'll be using it a lot as well.
Okay, this is such a silly post, I'll end it here! Have a great weekend friends!