Making 2016 Goals
I prefer the word "goals" to "resolutions" I think it sounds more friendly & more like challenging things I want to do (which is what they are) rather than things I'm forcing myself to do.
I think I did pretty well with my list of goals from last year (you can read them here). I definitely did better with the small concrete things than I did with the more overarching goals such as "worry less" (fyi I did not worry less). I ran in my first race, started some new hobbies. Some of the things, like slowing down more in the evening, are just part of my life now. Something that wasn't on my list but I started doing early on last year was to only buy ethically made clothes or clothes made in the USA (for a lot of reasons). It turned out to not be too hard, and an added bonus to that has been that it's helped me save money so that's something I'm going to continue.
Here are some of my goals for 2016:
• Get serious about saving some money.
• Run in a 15k race.
• Meditate for at least 10 minutes at least 3 times a week.
• Go hiking at least three times a month.
• Attempt a few simple woodworking projects, specifically carve a wooden spoon
• Try and have my work life more on my terms. By far this is what I want to achieve the most. This might mean some painful separations, big decisions and reinvention, but I am feeling more like I know what I want it to look like finally, so it's something I need to do. This is a big one and has a sub list of goals to go with it, but I'll keep those in my private journal for now.
How about you, what are some of your goals for this new year?
Also should you still need a 2016 calendar, don't forget to check out my downloadable cat calendar!